Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest
10/31 Consortium has teamed up with the talented Island Girl Bake Shop to bring you the inaugural Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest!
DATE: Saturday, October 28
CONTESTANT CHECK IN: 11 a.m.
CONTEST TIME: 11:30 a.m.
LOCATION: Halloween Town on the Levee Green in Downtown Baton Rouge
FEE: $10 per person
Do you LOVE pumpkin pie? Prove it!
1. All contestants must complete the Pumpkin Pie Contest Registration Form at the bottom of this page and pay the necessary fees by Friday, October 27 at 11:59 p.m.
2. The minimum age to participate is 8 years old.
3. Contestants will be broken up into age groups if needed based on the number of entries: Age 8-12, Age 13-17 and Age 18+
4. All Contestants must have a Handler that is at least 21 years of age. The Handler will be responsible for serving Contestants the pies and verifying that the pies are eaten according to the competition rules.
5. Each Contestant and Handler must sign a Waiver of Liability prior to the competition. If the Contestant is a minor, a parent or guardian must sign the waiver on their behalf.
6. Contestants and Handlers must check in 30 minutes prior to the competition at the 10/31 Consortium tent in Halloween Town. Contestants without Handlers will not be allowed in the competition. If the Contestant is a minor, a parent or guardian must check in WITH THEM.
7. Each Handler will be given 10 mini pumpkin pies. When the whistle blows, Handlers will begin serving their Contestants one pie at a time. Contestants will eat the pies with their hands behind their backs. A pie is considered “eaten” when the 10/31 Consortium logo (shown above) can be seen on the bottom of the tin. Once a pie is eaten, the next pie may be served. The Contestant who eats 10 pies the fastest wins the competition!
8. Each Contestant is allowed to bring one bottle of water. Handlers will help Contestants drink as needed as Contestants are not allowed to use their hands at all.
The pie is filled with a pumpkin mousse. All Contestants and Handlers must verify that they are not knowingly allergic to any of these ingredients:
Vanilla Pudding Mix